Friday, April 8, 2016

Bisque Kiln : Layer-By-Layer

Tonight I loaded another bisque kiln. I’ve been making a lot of work lately. Lots of pieces to squeeze in, snuggle together and pack a tight kiln. You know how I LOVE loading a kiln…
I only hate to admit that I didn’t quite fit it all in.         Shoot!!!

Layer #1 : Lots of mugs… each with a wheelthrown ornament nestled inside.

Layer #2 : Wall pocket vases, spoon rests, cups & tiles.

Layer #3 : More mugs, oval vases, salt & pepper shakers, ornaments & tiles.

Layer #4 : Some bowls & birds… surrounded by more bowls, shakers & tiles!

Layer #5 : A few platters, ikebana vase tops and a lot more tiles!!!

You know how much I love a well-packed kiln… well-packed ALL the way to the top!!!



from Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery http://ift.tt/1XmhPVZ

No comments:

Post a Comment