Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sharing Sharon.

Continuing the “Show Me Your PMI Selfie Challenge”… Susan Cordner from Pasadena, California checked in yesterday with her contribution. Not only did she send the Selfie as requested… but she’s been busy in her pottery studio as well.

Sharon took her Selfie, and then went one step further…and started making her own textured wall pillows! Good to know that my little tutorial made sense. That someone could actually read my instructions, follow-along and make something this cool. Glad I did my “job” for POTTERY MAKING ILLUSTRATED. I love the textured pattern she put on them. It looks so much like vintage tooled leather. Style, pattern and surface all look very leathery. Love it.

Here’s my e-mail message from Sharon…
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your work … and all those beautiful sunrises:). Here’s a … choke/gag … Selfie LOL!  And, my attempt at a wall pillow … that isn’t. I made the basic idea, all slab, handbuilt, textured. These will be decorated with oxide and shino then ^5 ox firing. Thanks so much for sharing your processes!!”

For more about Sharon, her pottery and her new textured wall pillows, check out her Facebook page by clicking here. And thanks again Sharon for sharing your Selfie and your pottery!

Anyone else up for the Selfie Challenge??? Just e-mail me a Selfie of you with your copy of POTTERY MAKING ILLUSTRATED!!! Send to gary@firewhenreadypottery.com

 



from Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery http://ift.tt/1VR5Z5J

No comments:

Post a Comment