Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Happy Birthday Maya Angelou : Words To Live By

While she may be gone, she’ll never be forgotten
as we celebrate what would have been her 90th birthday today.
Simple words to inspire your life. Words to live by. Truer words were never spoken.

Thanks to www.goalcast.com for this inspiring list of Maya Angelou quotes…
which I’ve added to and edited a bit along the way.
____________________________________________________________

Starting of course with my favorite!!!

You can only become truly accomplished at something you love.

I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes
it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart,
I usually make the right decision.

We need much less than we think we need.

If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?

Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency.
We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.

Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away.

Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.

There’s a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure the truth.

I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands;
you need to be able to throw something back.

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.

We are only as blind as we want to be.

I got my own back.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

I respect myself and insist upon it from everybody.
And because I do it, I then respect everybody, too.

Determine to live life with flair and laughter.

I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life.
And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.

Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it,
you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.

 And possibly my intellectual favorite one of them all…the one I believe in the most…

Save

Save

Save

Save



from Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery https://ift.tt/2HalTb1

No comments:

Post a Comment