Tuesday, July 19, 2016

And Then This Happened… #pullyourhairback

So my campers remembered “almost” everything from yesterday…
Apparently the discussion we had about pulling your long hair back into a pony tail was missed by one of my Campers. Yesterday she was fine, today not so much.

So we were throwing some nice pots when all of a sudden her hair got caught
in her centered ball of clay as she was bending down over it.

Stick. Adhere. Spin. Twist. Clump. Twist. Dreadlock… this could be bad…
luckily she was still smiling & laughing!

She asked if I could help her fix it… of course I said yes…
and of course I told her to hang on a second while I grabbed my camera…
and the, and only THEN, did I help her get out of the mess.

When we finally got her extricated from the wheel, I took her to the sink to do a little cleaning, scrubbing & de-tangling of her hair. Surely she will remember to pull her hair back tomorrow, right?!



from Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery http://ift.tt/2aaSwpi

No comments:

Post a Comment