Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Overwhelming

So last night in my pottery class, we discussed some more advanced glazing options. Like layered combos, stains, oxides, wood ash, wax resist, etc. It’s a bit overwhelming when you start to see the infinite possibilities to finish your pieces. My students were tracking along pretty well, but questioning what the results might look like. Sure, we have some double-dipped combo test tiles, but it’s a LOT different on  a real piece.

So… I completely overwhelmed them when I brought out all of the combo glazed test cups we made last session with my students. A LOT of glaze information to take in. Some good. Some not so much. But great information & inspiration… even if it is all a bit overwhelming.

 



from Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery https://ift.tt/2vsYegD

No comments:

Post a Comment