Monday, November 27, 2017

My Life Is Chaos but I Must Cope with Anxiety Anyway

My life is chaos, and sometimes I don't know how I manage it. Coping with anxiety can be difficult in a life of chaos, but it is not impossible. Try these tips.My life is chaos and that makes coping with anxiety difficult. In this house, there is always something going on, whether it’s family drama, the dogs barking at everything, or something essential changing. At present, there is no clear path to my desk because my aunt recently moved in. I know I will go to the storage unit soon and fix this overcrowded situation. In the meantime, it is hard not to let the abundance of personal belongings drive me to distraction. For me, I have to find ways to get things done with anxiety even when life is in chaos.

My Life in Chaos Keeps Getting More Stressful

Further complicating my life of chaos, I am also seeking permanent, full-time employment. I work over forty hours a week at my temporary job and I also apply for new positions or write daily. Prior to my current job, I considered going on disability. How do I do it? Sometimes I don’t know.

As a single mom, I have to stay on top of my daughter’s homework, and her home and social life. I also have her variety of appointments and school events to contend with. I have yet to schedule my own appointments for counseling and medication adjustments, a lack of which can cause my anxiety to spiral out of control.

You Can Cope with Anxiety Despite Chaos

There are a few things I’ve found helpful in coping with anxiety despite the chaos in life.

  1. Find some alone time.
  2. Embrace the chaos.
  3. Interact with supportive people.

Finding some alone time is extremely important. My favorite time to write is in the middle of the night or extremely early in the morning. I get up between four and five in the morning to write and then go to work. I would prefer sleep in at times, but the cat yowls from my daughter’s room, insisting that I get up and perform my morning routine.

I find comfort in my routines, but it is better to try and relax and embrace the chaos of life as it comes, as hard as that may seem. To manage the chaos of life and cope with anxiety, I make lists on my planner, my whiteboard, and my notebook. This allows me to stay informed about the most pressing issues in my life. I take my medication and make sure to get at least some sleep each night, regardless of the frenzy that awaits me the next day.

My family and friends are extremely supportive even though sometimes they can be a source of life’s chaos. I have a personal support group online, comprised of close friends, and I also joined a social media group specifically for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

Coping with anxiety can be difficult when life is chaos. But by taking a break and finding a moment to center myself, I find that life is bearable. Sometimes, the constant distractions cause me to focus on my anxiety a bit less. Though the calm is rare, I make time for it and realize how important it is to maintain balance in my life.



from Anxiety-Schmanxiety – HealthyPlace http://ift.tt/2AbiJlN

No comments:

Post a Comment