Friday, June 9, 2017

Flask Task

So flasks seem to be all the rage these days?! So many potters are tackling this trendy topic. So I decided I needed to jump into the pond… all the cool kids are doin’ it.

I started by throwing bottomless cylinders… trying to keep them pretty thin so the flasks won’t weigh too much. When the stickiness had dried off of them, I stamped them and then squished them into tight ovals.

I then made slab tops that domed over the tops. And attached some thrown spouts to finish them off.

I then added some colored flashing slips to the tops and small details in the stamped textures.

After bisque and soda firing…. we now have finished flasks with some rubber stoppers to close them up. So for now they’re price, packed and ready for their BIG debit tomorrow at the Hinsdale Fine Arts Festival.



from Gary Jackson: Fire When Ready Pottery http://ift.tt/2snVH7P

No comments:

Post a Comment